Do you pay taxes in Oregon? Consider a charitable donation to Habitat for Humanity of Oregon by designating a portion of your tax refunds. Your gift helps us strengthen household resiliency and bring hope to communities across the state.
How to donate
Donating through the charitable tax checkoff program is easy.
- Step 1: Download the Oregon Income Tax Form: Schedule OR-Donate
- Step 2: Fill in your donation amount on line 26.
- Step 3: Print and attach to your Oregon Income Tax Forms.
What your dollar buys
With your help, Habitat homeowners achieve the strength, stability and independence they need to build a better life for themselves and their families.
- $25 Door Lock: A secure front door lock provides a family something they may have never had before — security.
- $50 Low Flow Toilet: It may be hard to believe, but there are people living here in the U.S. who don’t have working toilets in their homes or any running water. A low-flow toilet is environmentally friendly, which means better health and proper sanitation for a Habitat family.
- $100 Bedroom Window: When you install a new window in a Habitat home, you’re providing the opening to a brighter future. It’s more than a window, it’s a symbol of opportunity and hope. It’s the promise of a better tomorrow.
- $500 Wheelchair Ramp: We want to make it possible for everyone to remain in their existing home. A permanent ramp and handrail leading to the front door ensures greater accessibility for a physically challenged homeowner.
- $1,000 Home Siding: Siding doesn’t just make a house look good, it provides a shield of protection against harsh weather, destructive pests, such as termites, and dangerous mold and mildew. Siding puts the essential finishing touch on a Habitat home and giving a family the security and stability they need.
Help us spread the word
You can help support this campaign by sharing the information above with your friends and colleagues. Download images and sample copy here.