Habitat Equity Academy for Leaders (HEAL) concludes with an in-person 1.5-day learning session at the Oregon Garden Resort in Silverton. This time will allow participants to continue to grow together as champions for equity and inclusion by practicing with real-life scenarios, building new communication tools, and creating targeted action plans for advancing equity within Habitat affiliates. In addition to a learning experience, we will celebrate what we have already accomplished together and continue to build and strengthen the HEAL community. Katharine Quince and Veronica Bañuelos will facilitate our time together.
Details are listed below. We’ll see you soon!
- The HEAL Capstone event will take place at Oregon Garden Resort (895 W Main St, Silverton, OR 97381). All group activities will take place in the Orchard Room, which is just down the hall from the resort’s main entrance (there will be signs to guide you).
- For participants staying at the Oregon Garden Resort, check-in is 3 p.m. on the day of arrival. Check-out time is 11 a.m. on the day of departure. The resort does not provide luggage storage, so any luggage will need to remain in guests’ possession outside of check-in and check-out times.
- Guests who have any special room requests or complications should contact the Reservation Manager at 503-874-2508.
Optional Sunday dinner
- For participants arriving on Sunday, Oct. 16, there will be an optional no-host dinner at 5:30 p.m. at Silver Falls Brewery (207 Jersey St, Silverton, OR 97381).
- If you didn’t previously RSVP to attend this optional dinner and would like to attend, please email Lyndsey Summers.
- Monday, Oct. 17
- 8:30 to 9 a.m. — On-site check-in
- 9 a.m. to noon — Capstone activities
- Noon to 1 p.m. — Buffet lunch
- 1 to 4:30 p.m. — Capstone activities
- 4:30 to 6 p.m. — Break
- 6 p.m. — Buffet dinner
- Tuesday, Oct. 18
- 9 a.m. to noon — Capstone activities
- Noon — Box lunch served: Feel free to eat on-site or take to go
What to bring/not to bring
- To support the success of our time together, please bring the following:
- Please make sure you will have access to the resources, materials, and notes from all previous sessions with you at the retreat (whether digitally or hard copies, whatever works best for you). We will be doing some review and practice and you’ll likely need these things on hand to refer to.
- Please also bring an item that gives you strength or represents a connection to why you do the work you do. It could be something you keep on your desk as a reminder, a gift someone gave you, a piece of jewelry/art, a greeting card, a rock, anything!
- We politely ask that participants plan to “unplug” from other activities/work and be present for the duration of the event. Feel free to bring a notebook, etc. to take notes. We will have extra paper and pens available for use.
COVID-19 protocols and things to know
- Any participants not feeling well should stay home.
- Guests staying at the resort may cancel their booking without penalty 48 hours prior.
- Participants will need to take a COVID-19 rapid test within 24 hours of the start of the event and test negative to participate in the experience (you will be asked to self-attest). The rapid test takes 15 minutes and should be completed before the start of the first session at 9 a.m.
- Habitat Oregon will provide rapid tests, as well as masks, at registration. Please arrive early to check-in if you require a rapid test on-site.
- Participants should feel empowered to wear a mask anytime they wish, but they are not required at this time.
- 16 guests are expected to attend the event.
- The sessions take place in a large room with doors that open to the outside, allowing for plenty of space for social distancing. There will also be an air purifier in the room.
- To see what precautions that Oregon Garden Resort is taking to keep guests and staff safe and healthy, please visit their website.
- Habitat Oregon and the Oregon Garden Resort continue to follow all federal, state and local health guidelines.
- Provided meals include:
- Buffet lunch and dinner on Monday
- Box lunch on Tuesday: Eat on-site or take it to go
- Participants may eat in the meeting room or the outdoor dining space
- Coffee/tea/water and light snacks will be provided throughout the event
- All dietary restrictions that were noted on the registration form have been communicated to the resort
- There is an optional no-host dinner at 5:30 on Sunday, Oct. 16. Meet at Silver Falls Brewery (207 Jersey St, Silverton, OR 97381)
- A full hot breakfast is provided by the resort from 7 to 10 a.m. in the restaurant for registered guests. The restaurant has both indoor and outdoor seating
- If you have any questions about the event, please email Lyndsey Summers. Should your availability to participate change, please let us know as soon as possible.
- You’ll hear an update from Katharine and Veronica regarding any special instructions on how to prepare for the Capstone.